News, events & Christmas services:
Christmas Wreaths: You can make an order at the church on Sundays, or in the office Monday – Thursday, by Dec. 2nd. They will be distributed on Sunday, Dec. 9th. The cost is $20 and the proceeds will go to Youth Ministry.
- Dec. 2nd, WELCA Bake Sale in the Fellowship Hall. Also, in the evening, there will be a Lessons & Caroles Fest @ Gehtsemane 6pm.
- Dec. 4th, Tuesday, Traditional Lutefisk & Meatball Dinner at Gethsemane, 3-7pm!
- Dec. 7th 7pm, Choralaires Concert @OSLC, and they will be at Gethsemane Dec. 14th, 7pm.
- Dec. 9th will be our Youth Christmas Program.
- Dec. 12th Christmas Caroling – meet here at 5:45pm! All are invited~
- Dec. 14th – Choralaires Concert @ Gethsemane, 7pm.
- Dec. 20th there will be a Blue Christmas Service here @ 5pm.
- Dec. 23rd there will be a Christmas Music Extravaganza during our regular worship time @ 9:30am.
- Our Christmas Eve Service will be at 4:00pm. There will be services at Gethsemane at 3:30, 5:30, 10pm.
- Messiah Lutheran’s Christmas Day Service will be at 10am.
Men in Missions – This group of men meets once a month to learn about service projects in the church and beyond that they can become involved in. It is part mentor-ship and part service, resulting in service to others.
A bunch of guys gettin’ together for great food and God-talk — that’s Men in Mission. Guest speakers, Bible studies and breakfast are all on the menu one Saturday each month. Get your weekend off to a great start — mingle with the Men in Mission
OSLC’s Missions Ministry Team was pleased to sponsor an evening with the Rev. Dr.’s Neeraj (man) and Nijhar (lady) Ekka and their four children: Maani (12-daughter), Urbas (9-son), Puna (7-son) and Jhumpa (4-daughter). Jhumpa was well named, at least in the English meaning of her name, as she thoroughly entertained everyone with her constant motion!
The Ekkas are currently in the states where Nijhar just completed her doctorate in Literacy. They will return to Ranchi, India in August. They are working as partners with the World Mission Prayer League.
Pastors Neeraj and Nijhar provide vision and leadership for the partnership between the World Mission Prayer League and the North Western Gossner Evangelical Lutheran Church, India. The Ekkas gave leadership to develop and continue to serve at Navin Doman (the first Christian convert in that area in the 1800’s) Theological College in Ranchi, India. The college is used to train pastors, evangelists and missionaries for holistic ministry; to host religious conferences, exchange students, foreign visitors, and mission trips; and to equip youth, women and lay leaders for witness and transformation in communities.
They were also instrumental in starting an after school program in that area of Ranchi. Many of the children and most of the women in that area are illiterate. Pr. Nijhar will have special emphasis with her ministry in the area of literacy.
OSLC’s connection to the Ekkas came as a result of deep friendship with the Rev. Melinda Melhus (former member of OSLC) and Gail Wieman (current member). AiM Brenda Tibbetts, Virginia Nelson and Bob Bjorum have also known the Ekkas for quite a few years, as the Ekkas have presented at Luther Seminary for Life Long Learning classes.
An enjoyable evening was had by everyone. We enjoyed great food, fellowship, a PowerPoint presentation featuring many fascinating photos, and visiting with Neeraj, Nijhar and the children.
Special thanks to the Missions Ministry Team for hosting this wonderful evening.