*We are not holding church services, meetings or gathering here but are inviting all leaders of community groups that meet in the west wing of the church to still come for your scheduled meeting time in case a person shows up to see you. We understand some people will still need to converse in person for a time and want to allow you to be a resource for others, and of course, ask that you respect the recommendation that no more than 10 meet at once in an area. Also, keep in mind we are not able to disinfect before or after you have been here, so please do that as you come and go to keep the area safe for yourself and all people.
A variety of support organizations from the community meet at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church.
Our Savior’s believes in hospitality and service to the community. Stop by the office if your group needs a new home, we can see if our schedule is open for your group, and if our building policy fits the needs of your group. We desire to be open to support and self-help groups, and we are pleased that many local 12 step groups as well as other health and community groups have chosen OSLC as their home base. Local Boy Scout and Cub Scout troops also meets here regularly.
A few groups that hold regular meetings here are:
AA (10:30am on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays & Saturdays, West Wing of building. A new group has also begun at 10:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and at 1pm on Sunday afternoons in the West Wing).
NA (7 pm on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday evenings, and at 8 pm on Friday evenings, West Wing of building)
OA (4:30 pm Wednesdays, West Wing of building)
TOPS group (4:30pm on Mondays, West Wing)
Fibromyalgia Support Group (10:30 am second Thursday of the month, contact Access North/Center for Independent Living @ 1-800-390-3681 for more information)
TBI Support Group (3:00 pm first Tuesday of the month, contact Access North/Center for Independent Living @ 1-800-390-3681 for more information)
Cancer Support Group of the Virginia Area (3:30 pm every other Tuesday of the month, for exact dates call 218-248-8011)
Senior Companions (10:30 am third Tuesday of the month, contact Senior Companions @ 218-529-2280 for changing dates and more information)
Foster Grandparents (1 pm third Wednesday of the month, for information about eligibility to participate call 218-529-2280)
We also have ongoing Bible Studies that meet here @ OSLC, and a few that meet in the community:
- Mondays @ 2pm: The Rouchleau Women’s Study meets at the Rouchleau apartments.
- Tuesdays @ 9:30am & 1pm at OSLC: The WELCA Circles meet @ OSLC (WELCA is “Women of the ELCA” – all women who attend an ELCA church are a part of WELCA and may attend, and visitors are welcome to come and meet with a leader/group to see if it is something you would like to join).
- Wednesdays at 7:30am: The Men’s Breakfast & Study Group meets at Perkins in Mt. Iron.
- Wednesdays @ 2pm: OSLC Bible Study is in the Fireside or youth room and is open to everyone!
- Thursdays at 3pm: The Ladies Study @ Adventures Restaurant meets.